What Educators Say
"The brief gives teachers... ways to use technology in authentic situations for teaching students to read, write, listen, and speak in their second language."
"Many of the supporting articles [in the Professional Development module] had a lot of good information, and they served as refreshers for the way that I teach vocabulary in my Low Beginning class."
Digital literacy and related technology skills are essential for English language learners in the 21st century. This resource suite offers information on how these skills are used and ways to integrate them into instruction.
This brief highlights research-based ways to integrate technology, extend learning opportunities, and increase digital literacy in English language learning environments.
This interactive, self-paced online module explains how to incorporate digital literacy skills into learning activities for ELL students. Learn the following:
- Why we should incorporate digital literacy skill development into programming for adult ELLs
- How to expand language learning opportunities using digital technologies
- How to help students identify appropriate technology tools for learning
- How to solve problems in today’s technology-rich environments
Companion Learning Resource
This practice-oriented resource shows how instructional strategies, resources, and activities can cohesively integrate language development, information literacy, and digital technologies.
Learn about Open Educational Resources (OER), how they can be used in instruction, and how they can enhance student learning.
Study Circle Resources
Study circle resources for Integrating Digital Literacy into English Language Instruction are designed for use by professional trainers to enhance participants’ ESL instructional skills. This study circle’s resources include the Facilitators Guide, four assignments (1, 2, 3, 4), and one optional assignment.
Review the Other LINCS ESL Pro Resources Suites
- Meeting the Language Needs of Today’s English Language Learner
- Preparing English Learners for Work and Career Pathways
- Search the LINCS Resource Collection for other ELL instructional resources.