LINCS YouTube Channel
- Used for two different scenarios:
- Featured screencasts, recorded webinars, video recorded seminars / conference talks. Often time these types of videos are placed into a YouTube ‘playlist’, and promoted to the front of the LINCS YouTube channel (URL found above).
- Video content hosted via channel, but only exposed to public via “embed code”, placed into various web resources (i.e. coursework content from LLP, special landing pages on lincs.ed.gov, etc.).
Video Technical Requirements
- Video is to be in raw (AVI) or WMV format (preference is for uncompressed / raw format).
- If video is a recorded webinar or meeting from GoToMeeting or GoToWebinar, partner must use use the GoToMeeting Transcoder Wizard (only available for the Windows Operating System ) to convert to appropriate video format before delivering video.
- Partner must also provide transcription file of video for use in YouTube Captioning.
Video Justification Requirements
For video to be housed on LINCS YouTube Channel, the LINCS partner must:
- Submit request to OCTAE expressing desire to post video to channel
- Provide video to OCTAE for review by either:
- coordinating with Quotient to deliver video to Quotient-provided FTP space
- or deliver video via appropriate physical storage media to Quotient (i.e. data DVD)
- or make video available to download so Quotient may obtain a copy electronically
- Provide video transcript or YouTube caption file
- Quotient will upload video and transcript to channel using “private” settings so that video will not yet be publicly view-able
- Coordinate with OCTAE to submit video to Dept of Ed 508 office for review and approval
- Coordinate with OCTAE and Quotient how video will be publicly available (i.e. playlist on channel homepage vs. embed code).
- Obtain final approval approval from OCTAE; at which time Quotient coordinates adjusting the availability settings on the YouTube-hosted video.